As an event is a unique opportunity for you to connect with companies it is a good idea to be as prepared as you can! Here are some quick tips and tricks:
If you want to prepare even more, keep on reading!
Before the event:
Fill out your profile as much as possible. Why should you do this?
- Companies can source candidates and reach out to the most interesting ones.
- Companies usually check out the profiles before accepting a 1:1 conversation booking.
- (Chat) conversations can be more valuable as the recruiter can get an overview of your profile easily.
- The event will show you the most relevant jobs and exhibitors for you based on your profile information.
Visit the event a few days or weeks before it goes live to do some research about the attending companies. With many events, you can check out stalls in advance. You can:
- Read up on the available jobs to prepare great conversations.
- Structure your event day by adding presentations or breakout room sessions to your day planner.
- Book 1:1 conversations with company representatives.
During and after the event:
- Find the companies you would like to talk to - reach out and engage!
- If there is a presentation - don't miss the chance to engage. Make sure to ask questions and upvote interesting questions if the presentations are online!
- To make your time efficient at the event, wait to apply for jobs until after the fair. Since this is a rather time-consuming task, spend the time engaging with the companies during the fair and apply for jobs after!
See how you set up your profile and register for an event here.