Table of ContentsWhat are video conversations?How to set up your video conversations schedule in four stepsHow to manage the scheduled video conversationsHow to invite interesting candidates
Keep in mind that this feature might not be available for the event you are attending. For more information about the availability of the feature, reach out to the event organisers.
What are video conversations?
Video conversations are a way for you to meet the candidates "face to face". Via this feature, each stall representative can offer bookable video conversation time slots for the participants.
Some tips before you get started...
- Use one of the following browsers: We only support the most updated versions of Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
- Ensure that you can use the browser version of Zoom: The video conversations take place in Zoom. It does not require the Zoom app, only the browser version.
- Make sure your browser has access to the microphone and camera: Go to your browser settings and check whether your browser is allowing microphone and camera.
- Do your research on the candidates: You can click on the candidates’ name and check out their profile prior to the call. Remember that you can also invite interesting candidates to a video conversation when chatting with them.
Take a look at the below video to see how you set up and manage video conversations:
In short, you can schedule and manage the video conversations in the "Video conversations" tab!
How to set up your video conversations schedule in four steps
- Select the team member(s) that will be available for the video conversations. You will only be able to add colleagues that are part of the stall team.
- Decide whether candidates should write a short motivation text when requesting a time slot.
- Write a short description for each recruiter in order to align expectations with the requesting candidates - this is your chance to make it clear to the candidates what each of you wishes to speak about in the call.
- Add the available time slots for each team member. Usually, the time slots are set between 10-30 minutes, all dependent on the purpose.
How to manage the scheduled video conversations
When a user books a video conversation, the status will show as pending.
You can read more about the candidates’ motivation and screen their profiles.
Click on the action button to accept or decline the request. You can also offer the candidate another time slot or suggest having a conversation with another recruiter.
When a booking is accepted, a link will be generated automatically after 15 minutes and you can then join the video conversation with just one click.
How to invite interesting candidates
There are two ways of inviting interesting candidates to a video conversation.
Note: In order to be able to invite users, you will need to have at least one colleague added to the Video Conversation tab.
1. Via the sourcing tool
You can invite candidates to a video conversation when browsing through the participants' list in the sourcing tool (tab: "Online talent").
Just click on "Invite to Video Conversation" and select the recruiter, and time. Keep in mind you can invite students to video conversations before and during the event!
Find out more about the sourcing tool here.
2. Via the chat
You can invite candidates to a video conversation while chatting during the event.
If you would like to book a conversation with a candidate, click on the "Invite to Video Conversation" button in the chat window!
Find out more about the chat feature here.