As an event is a unique opportunity for you to connect with companies it is a good idea to be as prepared as you can! Here are some quick tips and tricks:
If you want to prep even more, keep on reading!
Before the event:
Fill out your profile as much as possible. Why should you do this?
- Companies can source candidates and reach out to the most interesting ones.
- Companies usually check out the profiles before accepting a video conversation booking.
- Chat conversations can be more valuable as the recruiter can get an overview of your profile easily.
- The event will show you the most relevant jobs and exhibitors for you based on your profile information.
Visit the event a few days or weeks before it goes live to do some research about the attending companies. With many events, you can check out stalls in advance. You can:
- Read up on the available jobs to prepare great conversations.
- Structure your event day by adding live presentations or breakout room sessions to your day planner.
- Book video conversations with company representatives.
During and after the event:
- Find the companies you would like to talk to - reach out and engage!
- If there is a live presentation - don't miss the chance to engage. Make sure to write live questions and upvote interesting questions!
- To make your time efficient at the event, wait to apply for jobs until after the fair. Since this is a rather time-consuming task, spend the time engaging with the companies during the fair and apply for jobs after!
See how you set up your profile and register for an event here.
If you already set up your profile and registered for the event - see how to interact with companies here!